Just a heads up that all three airlines that serve the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport are following a 45 minute cut off for checked baggage. That means you will not be allowed to check bags any later than 45 minutes before your flight. All the more reason to allow ample time (we recommend two hours) to check in, check bags and go through security during the busy ski season. If you have any questions please contact Guest Services in the airport in the baggage claim area or give them a call at 970-920-5380.
Aspen is a small airport - during high volume hours, there can be up to 7 flights departing within 15 minutes of each other. Our security lanes will be operating at near capacity during this time as we only have space for two checkpoint lanes - at maximum.
Especially high volumes for June and July are Saturday and Sunday departures before 8am and between the hours of 3:30 and 5pm. The airlines and TSA recommend passengers with checked bags arrive 90 minutes prior to departure and 60 minutes prior with carry-ons during these high volume time patterns. Please plan accordingly.
Please help us keep security lines moving. Aspen Airport suggests the following:
1) Check-in online
2) Pre-pay for your checked bags
3) Check all items not allowed through TSA
4) Utilize Pitkin Portage outside of the front door at departures, they will be happy to check your bags before you enter the building
5) Arrive early!
- TSA and Pitkin Portage open at 5:15am
- Airline ticketing counters open at 5:30am
- Per Airlines and TSA, it is advised to allow 90 minutes if you have checked bags, 60 minutes for carry-ons.
- Check in early online! Either pre-print your boarding pass or have it ready on your cell phone.
- Per TSA, their pre-check lane will be open and operating only when logistics and resources allow. They will not be able to announce a set schedule of operation.
- ASE will not be offering Pre-Check sign ups this year.